2-finger parallel gripper for class 1 clean rooms (PET) and harsh environments (aluminum)
MAGNUM grippers are universally applicable “out-of-the-box”. Examples of the range of MAGNUM application environments include welding, grinding, machining, clean room, epitaxial wafer fabrication, hard disk fabrication, D.I. water and food processing.
- Patented Synchronous Technology – Extended Life
- The magnum mechanism is double sealed to assure that the mechanism is isolated from the environment. In clean rooms and food processing this ensures environmental integrity. In harsh environments the double seals protect the MAGNUM from contamination that could lead to failure.
- All materials of the MAGNUM gripper are designed to eliminate maintenance and assure that the gripper functions in harsh environments. There are two material versions of the MAGNUM gripper: The MAGNUM-AL and the MAGNUM-PET. Each was developed to extend the out-of-the-box applicability of the MAGNUM technology. The design and material selection allow the MAGNUM to provide Force/Weight ratios in excess of 200. The “AL” version of the MAGNUM is intended for use in very dirty and explosive environments as well as clean rooms. All of the materials are chosen to be corrosive resistant as well as tough. All materials used in the “PET” version of the MAGNUM comply with FDA requirements for food handling. The PET unit is also D.I. Water tolerant for use in hard disk and epitaxial fabrication.
- Clean & Dirty Purge System. Another unique feature of the MAGNUM family is a dual usage purge system (patent pending) that is part of every gripper.In very dirty environments the purge system is pressurized. Any debris that attempts to make its way under the slide bearings is cleared away by the pressure at the purge port.
- Torque and Force Unmatched
- The universal application of the MAGNUM grippers is made possible with the use of a lifetime lubricant. This allows the use of “dry air” and compliance with new and proposed OSHA regulations that forbid the use of lubricants in air lines. With an FDA rating of H1, this lifetime lubricant is also people and food “friendly”.
Operating pressure 2 – 8.3 bar
Ambient temperature 5-60°C
Sound emissions (sound pressure) ≤ 70 db (A) in each direction